Wednesday 10 April 2013

Being technically challenged . . .

The visitors have returned to distant shores, the Hubby has returned to work, the pile of laundry has returned to manageable, the pups are fast asleep, and suddenly the house seems altogether just too quiet . . .  So I thought I'd take a moment to sit down with a cup of Earl Grey, post an update and catch up with my blog reading.

But first, I have to figure out how on earth this newly-installed, upgraded, super-fast, all-singing-and-dancing PC that the Hubby set up last weekend, works.   Aargh . . . 
I thought I was quite clued-up when it came to technology, but the reality is: it seems, I'm not.
Oh, and I can't for the life of me find all my lovely pics I popped into Picasa. They must be out there somewhere, just not currently within my grasp.
 So, until I master it properly - which I will, eventually -  please bear with the basic quality and not overly abundant selection of pics.

{Are you sensing my frustration ?}

Right, enough of that.  Moving on to happier things . . .

 My visitors had quite a productive holiday on the crafty side of things - and whilst I drove us around all over the place, the two of them created.  We taught Robs to knit and she mastered the art so quickly (definitely her mother's daughter) and decided to make a little blankie for Puddles, her new kitten. 
Lee-Anne whizzed through a lovely cowl, three pairs of fingerless mitts and a crocheted bunny who hopefully will be sewn together and stuffed in time for next Easter.  And she sewed us each a sweet little Easter chick . . .
 
the makings of a bunny, Easter chicks, wristwarmers, a cowl & a blankie for Puddles

 I, on the other hand was not quite so productive - but I am half way through the crocheted bunny that I started in Paris, and in the process of turning these granny squares:


 into this :


which is eventually going to be a cushion cover for the chair in our in-the-process-of-being-transformed downstairs guest room.

Ooh, and look what arrived in the post too . . .


I'd say that's more than enough to keep me busy and the post-visitors blues at bay for a wee while.

Linking up with Yarn Along Wednesday over at Small Things. 

Hope you're having a happy week,
xoxo

31 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the new PC thing....but hang in there, it will work out! At least you have the pups for company. The projects are lovely, I myself have been working in the yard....but my hands are itching to get stitching so maybe today.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words, and I hope you managing to get some time to stitch today!
      Happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome back - I'm glad you had such a fabulous (and productive!) time with your visitors. Love the crochet cushion cover - one of these days I'll get my hooks out .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - it's good to be back!
      Have a lovely weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  3. The techie part of blogging continues to be a challenge for me...but I keep encouraging myself...that I am making progress...really :) Currently I am trying to participate in a couple of wip groups, but am having trouble checking in on what other participants are doing. I will figure it out. I will...I will.
    So glad you had a productive time with your visitors, making good memories as well as some lovely projects including your pillow cover!
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the faith, Gracie - we will get there eventually!
      Have a great weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh how that cushion is going to be gorgeous. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Looks like you had a great time with your visitors. Enjoy the quiet, I would :)

    -Birgitta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgitta - and have a lovely weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  5. Yes new computers can be frustrating things!
    Loving all those among projects and your cushion cover looks sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they can be! Think I may need the Hubby to sit down and give me a tutorial :-)
      Happy Friday,
      xx

      Delete
  6. I have a love-hate relationship with technology too. I just love your crochet cushion, the flowers are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to describe it.. can't live with it, can't live without it... whatever did we do pre-technology?! Thanks for the sweet comment re my cushion :-)
      Happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  7. You make beautiful things....love from me...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria :-) Have a happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see you back Gilly ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - it's good to be catching up again! Have a great weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  9. Welcome back, Gilly. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your visitors - and I'm sure they had a wonderful time with you too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :-)
      Happy weekend to you,
      xx

      Delete
  10. I hate it when things change re: the pc - it seems to take a while before yo find all you need again - must be getting old!
    Hope you soon get the hang of the new one, and track down your photos!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill - have managed to track down the pics (with a lot of help from my techi hubby!)I definitely think it's an age thing... I need a teenager to be on constant call !
      Have a lovely weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  11. Sounds like your visitors had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we did have lots of fun :-)
      Happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  12. Those chicks are such fun! It must feel quite flat there with your visitors gone, although I imagine it's nice to get back into your normal routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, it does feel like the post-holiday blues - but I've got another holiday coming up soon so looking forward to that now :-)
      Have a great weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  13. I always find it hard to see visitors go when they are people I love. It takes a while to find your rhythm around the house again. I bet it was fun creating things together and having someone to chat to while knitting up a storm...your new cushion will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Carol - it's the "wondering when we'll see each other again" bit that I struggle with. But we had a lovely time and created some truly treasured memories so I do feel quite blessed to have been able to spend this time with them.
      Have a lovely weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  14. What fun creations! And love your new pretty cushion that you are working on! The pretty flowers add such a nice touch! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - the flower squares are actually so simple, I think I may be getting addicted to them!
      Happy Friday,
      xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Gilly,
    Oh, I love your new granny cushion!! The pattern is beautiful! Have fun reading those cute magazines!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - I'm loving making these little flower squares, they turned out to be easier than I'd anticipated so I'm very pleased with them.
      Have a happy & blessed weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  16. I missed this post! I just found it in my Bloglovin' feed! So my comment is a week late I'm afraid!
    Your cushion cover is gorgeous! I love the colour combos you always chose - so pretty! Have a sweet day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...