Saturday 10 November 2012

It's beginning . . .

. . . to feel a lot like Christmas . . .

I've made a list (and checked it twice. . .) and as long as I don't get too distracted (I may have to cut back on housework and chores - tee hee), I should be able to finish all my Christmas makes before the 25th  ; - )

So, first up, I've started my Christmas quilt . . .
The jellyroll was a birthday gift back in September (thanks Crumblies)  - I do so love these fabrics (Blitzen by Basic Grey for Moda).   The colours just work so well together, don't you think ? And they are just a wee bit of a nice change from the traditional Christmas fabrics.



 I love the Moda jellyrolls & charm packs & layer cakes etc etc  - they take the effort out of measuring and cutting (to a degree anyway), thus appealing to my lazy side. 


So - here's a sneak peek at the first two rows. . . with the sashing in a sweet red & white dotty fabric with squares of little snowmen in between.



And on the topic of sweet snowmen, guess what arrived in the post this week, aside from the usual junk mail and bills?
These oh-so-gorgeous blocks that I'd ordered from the lovely Fee at Chipper Nelly.


Are they not just too cute?  I have a thing about snowmen - just don't seem to be able to resist them !
Hop over to Fee's blog here or pop in to her shop here to see all her other lovely makes.  I ordered some other fab things too, but they're Christmas pressies, so I can't show them to you quite yet.

Right-o, back to my list . . . 

Have a happy weekend,
xoxo


28 comments:

  1. Hi Gilly ... I am in the middle of Christmas making too ... I love your quilt sneak peek can't wait to see the rest ... happy crafting ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh goodie - look forward to seeing your makes too!
      Have a productively crafty week,
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh your quilt is going to look so lovely!
    And I love those blocks, aren't Fee's things just divine?
    Happy weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I finished the top yesterday and have to admit I am very chuffed with it! I do love all Fee's makes too - so unique and just lovely.
      Have a good week,
      xx

      Delete
  3. I agree those snowmen are too cute for their own good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all the colors in this fabric! And the polka dots and snowmen are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah - the top is now finished, so I just need to decide on the fabric for the back and the binding... decisions, decisions.. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. That quilt is going to be very cheerful, and as you said, a little different. I like it. I like snowmen too and often do a tree with snowmen ornaments and snowflakes. It's really neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry - and I like your idea of a snowy-ornament-filled tree too :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. It is isn't it, I can feel those tingly, exciting Christmas feelings creeping up on me :) Your quilt is looking beautiful, can't wait to see it all :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl - I'm quite tempted to put the Christmas cd on whilst I'm sewing, but fear that may be just a wee bit early... what d'you think?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your quilt is going to look so good, can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've got lots of my list and hoping to get some more done today once I've banished the chores!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Love your quilt! The colors are great for the holidays. I like snowmen too! You can even leave them up after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary - ah, that's the beauty of little snowmen, they're not just for Christmas! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty Christmas quilt you are making!! Love the prints!! I heart cute snowmen, too!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - trying to decide what backing fabric to choose now.
      Have a happy week,
      xx

      Delete
  10. I agree, the colors are perfect, that is a gorgeous quilt! I love your blocks too... I wish I had your talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Tammy - that's sweet of you to say!
      xx

      Delete
  11. Great start! I love that line! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev - any suggestions for the backing fabric? I'm humm-ing & haa-ing as to what to use.
      xx

      Delete
  12. I love Fee's blocks..they are so unique! Your quilt looks amazing...love the red and aqua together. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just too gorgeous? I do love them too.
      Hope you have a fabulous week,
      xx

      Delete
  13. I love reading your blog with all your inspiring making. I am still thinking about knitting some of those lovely socks you made a while back I need some time management plans. Happy making :)
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally :-) You should definitely give the socks a try - they really are quite quick and easy. Ah yes, time management plans.. I need those too!
      Have a lovely (and productive!)week,
      xx

      Delete
  14. I love little snowmen! Such a beautiful Christmas quilt your making! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek, Christmas ... it's hurtling toward us far too quickly, I'll never be ready. And unlike you I won't have made a stunning quilt between now and then either :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...