Saturday 10 May 2014

Tonight's the night . . .

I'm a wee bit nervous and a lot excited . . . 
Hopping on the train and heading south later to join my team The Rockaboobies and about 15 991 other lovely peeps for The Moon Walk 2014.


pic courtesy of Walk the Walk

We'll be meandering through the streets of London
  a.l.l   n.i.g.h.t   l.o.n.g
in our bras and (if the weather man has it right) in the rain.  
It's meant to be a bit challenging and I'm sure it will be at times - I'm an early-to-bed kinda gal, I need my sleep - but any challenges we may encounter, shrink in comparison to what those diagnosed with cancer go through. 
So, I'm doing this for all my brave and amazing loved ones who have battled and won, and those who are still fighting.
Barbs, Clea, Heather & Claud - this is for you.

And lovely fellow bloggy peeps - if you know and love someone who's fighting too (and I know we all do), just simply put their name as a comment below this post so we can share our thoughts of them too.




 I'm all organized and ready to go - I may need a Sherpa ; - )

Wish me luck, 
xoxoxo



23 comments:

  1. Good luck Gilly, shall be willing you all on. Amazing stuff.
    Keep a look out for my brother - I asked him yesterday if he was going to be the only man taking part and he said he didn't know about that but he did know he was the only man in the fitting room at John Lewis ! Apparently, so he tells me, he's a 38A.
    We lost one of our Nursery Mums last year to breast cancer, Helen Adams, 36 and with two small children, who are doing amazing well considering.
    Take care and walk well ♥
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the Rockaboobies Rock tonight and that it goes really well for you. Linda and Pauline who I now hope will be OK for a very long time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the Moon Walk, Gilly! A wonderful thing to do!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck It is good fun and gives you a fantastic sense of achievement at the end. I have a good friend who had breast cancer so a group of us did the walk a couple of years ago to support her in our way. Watch that underpass back into Hyde Park at the end. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you all, I love the name Rockaboobies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the very best of luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only I could send you some Majorca heat to chase away the rain!! Much love and best wishes to you and all your fellow walkers, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck, hope that you all have a great Moon Walk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be thinking of you and sending you warm (and dry) wishes for a wonderful walk - you amaze me, you wonderful person! :-) Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shall be cheering you along. Keeping my fingers crossed about the weather.
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Gilly, I'm wishing you and your team the very best and I do hope the weather is accommodating for you - you're all wonderful and I congratulate each and every one on a magnificent job of support for those affected by such adversity. Love and warm hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, Gilly. I hope the rain holds off for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope it went well for you last night, it's a wonderful thing that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you the best.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing lots of luck for it, hope it goes really well and the weather played nice, such a great thing to do
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope it didn't rain on you, Gilly. Thinking of everyone named here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope it didn't rain and if it did I hope you weren't cold! It's a wonderful thing you're doing and I hope you had a fab night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best of luck to you on this tremendous walk. My best friend Lynda is fighting breast cancer as she takes care of her husband in end stage lung cancer, how sad is that?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck, lovely Gilly ... you're an inspiration ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...