Sunday 20 October 2013

Crafting with my Cuz . . .

It's been a busy week here at GMHQ . . . 
my lovely cuzzie from the bonnie west coast of Scotland came to visit for a few days and we had a fab time just being together - lots of good chats, some yummy eating,  a wee bit of shopping and some fun crafting.

Cici and I seem to have inherited similar family genes - at least as regards having-naturally-curly hair-and-loving-all things-creative is concerned anyway.  So it's become a wee bit of a tradition that when we visit, we have a little crafty project - last time we knitted cabled wrist warmers, and the time before, a reindeer.   But having very recently acquired a new sewing machine, at the top of Cici's wish list this time was bunting or an apron.

And so commenced our project.

First up was the bunting . . .



. . . and she made a really good job of it, don't you think ?




Next up was the apron . . .



We used this oh-so-easy-peasy-to-follow tutorial here at  Fabric HQ, and in no time at all, an oh-so-pretty apron was made. 




Definitely going to make a few more of these - they'd make perfect Christmas gifts methinks.

And so as not to be completely outshone by my talented and creative cuz,  here's some of the results of my sewing efforts of the past week or so . . . 


Two pretty cushions that were part of the Sew Me Something Home Furnishings course that I took last month, 


{have you noticed that my cushion matches the Cuz's apron?}



and I finished my Nordika shift dress that I started here,


... just the little buttons to be sewn on the placket still.


 Oh, and I finally finished my Cabbages & Roses quilt - woo hoo - but I can't show you a pic of that just yet, as it's a gift so sshhhh . . . 


Then as the weekend approached, the Cuz returned up North, and the lovely Sis arrived from down South to keep me company whilst the Hubby headed across the channel for a few days in Holland. Which meant no more sewing/knitting/crocheting/etc/etc was done, but we did manage more shopping, more eating, and a trip to the theatre.
: - ) 

And so,
 that's the week that was . . .

Wishing you all a happy new week ahead : be blessed,
'til next time
xoxo



23 comments:

  1. Your projects are so inspiring! Love them all! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun family times for you! I love love love your cushion fabric, it is so pretty! Love both cushions too clever lass! Cuz has gone home with some very lovely makes! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have been busy! Clever you and clever cousin, both the bunting and apron look very pretty. And I love both your cushions!
    Looking forward to seeing the Cabbages and Roses quilt, I just know it will be stunning!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really gorgeous makes there! I particularly like those cushions.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have a cousin who shares your interests. The things you made are lovely. I really like the colors in your cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will visit next and we can sew, knit, crochet and eat!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gilly, looks like you girls been busy, it's always more fun to craft with friends!!!
    Love the apron and your cute little dress, maybe I need to dust of my sewing machine and try my hands on one of your projects!
    Have a great week!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow how you must have had a great time. Love the bunting and the apron. Its always so nice to craft with others :)
    Have a great week.
    -Birgitta

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely sounding week! Your makes are so lovely - as are your cousin's makes :-)

    Happy new week Gilly!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you both having lots of fun, your dress looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow I love your shift dress... that fabric is gorgeous. Crafting is so much more fun with somebody isn't it and you made some fab things. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! Interesting projects, well done! Thanks for sharing what is new with you, Gillie :) [I look forward to seeing the secret quilt!]
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pls tell Cuz C I need to place an order for Bunting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello skattie so lovely to see your pretty makes and how Lekker to have some family time, nothing like it. Aren't you lucky to have a cuz who likes to create too!! Love the dress, so pragtig en kannie wag I'm daai quilt the sien nie. Lekker week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of the things you both made are so cute! Looks like you both had a wonderful time together. I've been wanting to make one of those little triangle banners. I had no idea they were called buntings. That's such a cute name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely time!! Love the things that you made!! So pretty and cute!! Happy new week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and your cousin make a great team! Really cute bunting & apron ... some very nice tangible memories to take home with her. Have a great week Gilly! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. If your cousin wants another cousin I'm available. She would be very welcome here at Frayed HQ!! Love your cushions - I need to make new ones ....... I must get to grips with the buttonhole feautre on my sewing machine, as I want to use big buttons on them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had fun sewing with your cousin, Gilly. Some fab things were made by both of you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely time you had together, and I love your makes and your gorgeous fabrics. Quite a change of activities then with shopping, eating and theatre - a very full week. Now do we have to wait until after Christmas to see your lovely new quilt? Seriously? How full can you make this week Gilly - whatever you do, enjoy it!
    Warm hugs, Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you won't have to wait 'til Christmas to see the quilt, I promise I'll show it to you as soon as I've gifted it to the recipient!
      Hope you're having a truly lovely week too, Joy.
      xx

      Delete
  21. So many gorgeous makes. The dress (LOVE that fabric), the round cushion, the apron - it's all beautiful and you are very talented at sewing. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, you have been very busy Gill! And it looked like you had a wonderful time with your cousin too :D I want to try making an apron, as I have been getting really messy in the kitchen recently with all the bread making I have been doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...