Sunday 26 May 2013

We're all going on a summer holiday . . . *

. . . and hoping that summer will actually come along too : - )

We're heading for the high seas** again, but a bit further north this time to Scandinavia & the Baltic, and looking forward to exploring some lovely places.

So I've packed my current crochet project, a whole pile of mags and a fully-loaded Kindle to help while away several days at sea in between.

But before I go - thought I'd show you what I made yesterday . . .


I popped into Hobbycraft, and just couldn't resist this charm pack of lovely Tilda fabrics. I sooo love these soft, pretty pastel aquas, don't you?


It's not quite finished yet as I still want to put ribbon ties on the end (couldn't resist the pretty Tilda ribbon either), so it's been added to the WIP pile waiting for me when I get home again.

Oh, and I should mention that I couldn't resist buying the pink pack too . . .



 So that's on the WIP pile too - all pieced together, ready to be quilted and made into a cushion as well.

Bye-bye for now,
see you when I get back.
'Til then, take care and be happy,
xoxo

* with thanks to Cliff Richard & the Shadows

** Actually, literally praying for calm, low seas . . .

ps. if you missed the invitation to our Midlands Blogger's Get-together, you can see it here.


24 comments:

  1. I love Tilda fabrics - I was using them today for my latest project. Have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week darling....love Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!!!


    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, Gilly. I hope the seas are calm. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it love it love it! I want to make MORE quilted stuff NOW! I am inspired but must finish my own WIP first since it has a home to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics. Have a wonderful holiday.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Tilda fabrics are just so pretty. Hope you have a great holiday.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Summer Holiday can't wait to see all of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Hols Gilly ... speak soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!! Hope you have a lovely trip, can't wait to see pictures again! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a lucky girl, I would love to travel to different places like you do!! :) Have a fun trip!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your trip on the (hopefully very calm) seas. Crochet and a kindle sound like the perfect accompaniments to a voyage! Love the cushion, those tilda fabrics are so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful holiday ... and who could pass on a little crochet at sea?! Have fun and I hope the seas are calm. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gilly..your Scandinavian trip sounds fantastic, I hope you post plenty of pictures! Your new cushions are very sweet too..I love those pretty pastels and I think I would find them very hard to resist too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pillow!!! Have a wonderful time on your trip!!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cushions are so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you're having a lovely time Gilly! I love Tilda fabrics, the cushion you made looks really pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're having a fabulous time :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL! those fabrics really are extremely pretty - I must investigate Hobbycraft in the locale for some!
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday,
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  21. When you quilt a cushion cover do you use wadding and a backing on the inside to give it thickness or is there some other trick that I don't know?

    Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eleanor - yes I do. Baste the patched top with wadding and a backing fabric, then quilt it and trim it. Then sew it right sides together with your cushion back cover, and flip it right sides out. That make sense? Email me if you get stuck :-)
      xx

      Delete
  22. Thanks - quilted cushion cover mulling in my mind! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...