Monday 4 March 2013

March . . .


. . .  comes in like a lion, and out like a lamb.
So the old saying goes, but there is definitely a feeling of Spring in the air . . . yay : - )


52 Weeks of Happy:  Week 8 {and linking up with Little Birdie as usual}

'Twas another busy week here, but the kind of busy that is oh-so-fun and involved lots of crafty things: 

1.  I finished my Crochet course and our lovely teacher, Diane presented us each with a set of these sweet little blocks as a "graduation" gift.  I'll show & tell my crochet makes later in the week - just need to put the finishing touches to them.

I can crochet...
2.  A little trip to Malvern for lunch and a wander around the Creative Crafts fair resulted in some more Rouenneries Deux fat quarters to add to a charm pack for my next quilting project,


and some yummy Flower Color Gruendl yarn that knits up to form little flowers as you go along.  Going to make a cowl with it and can't wait to get started. 
The Fair was lovely with sooo many fabulous things & ideas. 


3.  Our Craft Morning get-together at chez moi was fun as always. There was knitting, quilting, cross stitching, crocheting and pastel drawing - and lots of nattering . . .

. . . and there was a selection of yummy sweet treats to eat . . . until the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world  mischievous monkeys sneaked in and ate everything off the coffee table {which in fairness to them is just about snout-height} whilst we were all engrossed in our crafts and chats.
The result, a few hours later, was two poorly pups curled up rather contritely in their basket with upset tums and feeling very sorry for themselves.

ouch, my tummy's sore...

4.  And the highlight of my oh-so-crafty week ?  A whole day spent indulgently at the fabulous Sew Me Something Emporium in beautiful Stratford-upon-Avon where my friend, Heather and I took a "Sew me a Vintage Dress" workshop.


I have not sewn a garment since my first year at High School {quite a few years ago, and even then, I'm sure my Mama probably ended up doing most of it} and I was a bit doubtful as to whether I'd manage it or not. So I sallied forth, safe in the knowledge that Heather is a whizz at sewing and she'd help me if need be.  But I surprised myself and I did it. 
I actually made a dress. YAY me  : - )

just about to start cutting...

It was so much fun and my brain was frazzled by the end of the day, but I am so chuffed with my dress and can't wait to make another one.
I just need to take up the hem and then I promise to show it to you. 

All in all, a happy week indeed . . .
Hope yours was good too,
xoxo


38 comments:

  1. Poor stuffed silly babes!!! Mind you they do look as if they are suffering the gripes now! :-)
    Looking forward to seeing your crochet makes and your vintage dress.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you've had a jam packed time of treats ( but not as jam packed as the poor pups!) Really looking forward to seeing the vintage dress x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee - they just couldn't resist!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Those fat quarters are just yummy! What a glorious week you've had. Am jealous! Have only just come out of hibernation! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy - thanks for popping in and saying hello :-)
      And hibernation in Winter makes sense, don't you think? Anyway, welcome to Spring!
      Have a happy week,
      xx

      Delete
  4. That yarn sounds interesting! So much crafty goodness in this post Gilly - it'd make me happy too! And I'm slightly jealous of that fair you got to go to ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start knitting it up, but really need to finish my crochet WIPs first! The fair was fab, and looking forward to another one in two weeks time :-)
      Have a great week,xx

      Delete
  5. You did all that in one week?! Wow! Sounds like a fabulous week! Yeah for crocheting! And, such a nice little gift from your teacher. I love charm packs. I bet that one is pretty since the top one is red...one of my favorite colors. And, that yarn! I can't wait to see it worked up. The colors are gorgeous and the idea of the little flowers sounds very interesting. Sounds like a fun craft get-together. And, I can't wait to see the dress you sewed. I hope you have another wonderful week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did warn you it had been a busy, crafty week! ;-)
      It really was fun, and a real treat to have so much crafty indulgence in one week.
      Thanks for your sweet comment, and wishing you a wonderful week too,
      xx

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a fun course to do, your poor little puppy's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed so much fun - and don't feel sorry for the pups, it was self-inflicted ! ;-) Tee hee..
      xx

      Delete
  7. What a great week you had Gilly! Oh, I hope you show your dress!! Beautiful new fabric to play with! Wishing you a sweet week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - and I promise to show my dress once it's all hemmed and finished :-)
      Have a lovely week too,
      xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely week Gilly! Poor puppies ... I was going to say they won't do that again in a hurry, but if they're anything like Ruby, they will!

    Love seeing Oonagh on the header!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee - yes, unfortunately they probably will! They don't seem to associate their sore tums with the free food on the table ;-)
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  9. Well done for mastering a new skill, looking forward to seeing your dress! I must look for some classes near me, I would love to make my own (vintage) clothes!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - and hope you find a course as it really was so much fun.
      Happy Tuesday,
      xx

      Delete
  10. Great happies this week, Gilly. You've been a busy bee! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely week Gilly ... crafter's heaven ... can't wait to see your dress ... wishing you a lovely week ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed! Thanks Bee, and happy week to you too,
      xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely week, lovely post. Hope the puppies are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - and yes, the pups are back to their usual bouncy selves :-)
      Happy Tuesday,
      xx

      Delete
  13. Can't wait to see your dress! I have always wanted to take a sewing course. Love the yarn pictured in your post, btw...it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, Lesley - and it was such fun. We may have to try and wangle a wives workshop during IPP next year! Can't wait to start knitting up the flower yarn, but need to finish my crochet first :-)
      xx

      Delete
  14. I can't wait to see your project! Aw- those poor pups~those little boogers! tehe. We are getting more snow today, i'm so ready for some warmer weather and spring to come! Happy day to you Gilly! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, more snow still! Stay warm and hopefully Spring arrives with you soon too.
      xx

      Delete
  15. I used to knit and sew all my own clothes, I even made my own wedding dress ... dressmaking is such fun. There'll be no stopping you now!

    I hope the hounds are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your own wedding dress ? I am in awe ;-)
      I can't wait to make another one.. but am now in the process of convincing the Hubby that an overlocker is a good investment !
      Hounds are back to their usual bouncy selves again, thanks.
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  16. Ohh - the poor pups! Years ago I had a cocker spaniel who ate the remains of afternoon tea as I said goodbye to my visitors!
    I haven't done any dressmaking for years, and every time I see a mention on blogs, I think I must have a go ..... if only I had time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee - my cousin's spaniel ate all the smoked salmon starters off the table last Christmas !
      Go on, make some time and have a go - I so enjoyed it and can't wait to make another one.
      Have a great week, Anne.
      xx

      Delete
  17. Looking forward to seeing all these 'makes'!! Your week sounds a bit like a dream to me :) Awwww ... I feel so badly for your pups, but I hope they've learned their lesson? I just want to stroke their lovely silky fur (they look like seals in the basket). My dog is a sneaky pete sometimes too and has been caught standing on our kitchen table! Hope the last half of your week is as good as the first :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - the pups are all better now, but I doubt they've learned a lesson ! ;-)
      Hope you're having a good week too,
      xx

      Delete
  18. Hi Gilly....Such a wonderful start to March!...Looking forward to seeing your dress too...the workshop sounds like great fun!
    Hope you're having a great week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - it was great fun, now I just need to get the dress all finished, then I promise to show & tell :-)
      Hope you're having a fab week too,
      xx

      Delete
  19. What a lovely week! Looking forward to seeing all those new things you're making :) That yarn looks wonderful Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth - the yarn is so lovely and I've just started knitting it up so it's fun to see the flowers appear as it progresses. Will post a pic soon !
      Happy Thursday,
      xx

      Delete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...