So here's how the story goes . . . :
Way back in 2012 the lovely Lori from A Bee in My Bonnet decided to host a Quilty Row Along, and being a fairly recent convert to the delight of making quilts, I thought I'd join in and learn some useful hints & techniques. And in the process, make a fun new quilt.
|Look left, look right . . . all clear, take my pic quick before the other one gets here . . .|
Every 2nd week Lori published a clear and precise tutorial for each new row and over the course of the Row Along, we made flying geese and sweet little houses, and mugs, and apples, and stars, and butterflies, and a myriad of other fun things. And I learned a HUGE amount.
It was fun to see everyone else's quilts take shape too, and we ooh-ed & aah-ed over each other's pretty fabrics. I tried to keep up and despite a few hiccups involving a seam ripper along the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. (Thank you, lovely Lori)
Right, quilt top finished - all I had to do was back, quilt and bind it.
Shouldn't take me too long . . .
|Take my pic too please . . .|
But alas, this poor quilt languished about in the WIP pile for a l.o.o.o.n.g time.
Then one day, I pulled it out and basted it. Then returned it to the pile whilst I contemplated the best way to quilt it.
[You are probably in grave danger of completely losing interest here, and wishing that I'd just get on with it - so I shall favour brevity and bring this story to its happy conclusion.]
Fast forward to 2015 and as part of my quest to finish as many WIPs as possible by the end of January, I hauled this quilt out yesterday and set about quilting and binding it.
So there you go . . . it only took two & a half years, but it's done.
Phew . . .
'til next time,