Monday 7 December 2015

Every cloud . . .

 . . . has a silver lining.*




Hellloooo. . .   it's been a while, hasn't it?  Way longer than I'd both anticipated or expected.

  So much has happened since my last post - some good and some fairly rubbishy.
 A much-loved one and a most-adorable-pup-in-the-world are not well, and requiring just a little bit more tlc for now ; and then there's the bit where I most suddenly and unexpectedly found myself without a job from one day to the next.
 But such is life sometimes, and quite frankly the best option is to focus on the positive and keep moving forwards.
 So on the brighter side of things, here's what I've been up to lately . . .


  • A lovely day out in London with a cherished friend that included a first-ever visit to the oh-so-delightful Loop . . . be still, my beating heart . . .


  • Getting a few yarny projects finished and new ones started whilst keeping above-mentioned much-loved one company . . .
a sweet little cardi and a delightfully mischievous elf-in-progress.



free pattern from Heart & Sew



  • Finally finishing this quilt - it's a gift, so I'll show you more once it's been delivered . . .  but in the meantime, thank you lovely Natalie at Hungry Hippie for the pattern & idea.  Do pop over and have a wee peek.




  • Working on my Spice of Life CAL, just a few rows at a time whenever I can.  It really should have been finished ages ago but I'll get there eventually. 





  • Making a couple of scrappy Christmas wreaths, then teaching a whole bunch of lovely ladies to make them too.

the sweet little angel is a Vanilla Squirrel creation - ain't she sweet?


  • Sharing an oh-so-yummy early Christmas dinner with my Book Club gals at Lord Morton's  -  it's become our annual tradition and is just the perfect pick-me-up, complete with carol singing, champagne swilling and laughter of the best kind.



  • Fuelling my addiction   delight of all-things snowman, and creating these happy Tilda inspired cuties:
 


Aah, it's good to be back  :-)   I'm off to catch up with your news now . . .

Wishing you a happy Monday, filled with silver linings.

'til next time,
xoxo


* this sweet cushion is made by Velvet Paws -a kind gift from a lovely friend. Dankie my skattie, xx.

17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your pup, hope he is on the mend. Beautiful projects on the go, the quilt is stunning, a real feast for the eyes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your sweet puppy and job, but it looks like you have been up to some wonderful things! I had to enlarge your photo of the Loop so I could sufficiently drool!!!! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read about the sick pup and the loss of your job not a nice time of year for either. I love the projects you've been working on, enjoy your unexpected time off for a wee spot of healing crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gilly, Sorry to hear that life has not been brilliant. Hope things improve very soon. Loop is amazing isn't it? What did you buy? Spill the beans! You have been busy making some very lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your invalids, both human and canine, are on the mend. I'm sorry about your job - these things seem worse at this time of year. Lots of fabulous crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your pup & the job too. Hope next year is better for you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful makes... sending my love to the poorly pup xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your human and doggy invalids feel better really soon. Sorry to hear about you losing your job. What a bummer! You've been busy doing lots of fabulous crafting. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been making such wonderful beautiful things! I adore them all! So sorry to hear about your doggy, it is horrid isn't it. I hope that all is or will soon be well. Not sure what is happening about your job, but I hope that all will be well there too. Hugs to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gilly! I'm glad you posted, although I am sorry you have been plowing through some difficult situations. I love seeing the progress you are making on all your projects. Your snowmen are so sweet :) Wishing you happy creative days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your puppy and job but it is good to see your friends are helping at a difficult time. The projects are amazing you must be so busy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to here you're having a worrying time. Give the invalids an extra cuddle from me. Your projects are looking beautiful, as ever. I love the colour of the cardi your making. The photo with your knitting and your adorable pup is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry to hear things have been crappy, I hope things turn around soon. Love the snowmen and I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,Will have to read this properly later as rushing out the door.So,sorry about your beloved and sick pup,fingers crossed both will be well very soon,thinking of you.Not nice to be unexpectedly out of a job.Love the pics.Sending Big comforting Huggles.Had similar rubbish few weeks here too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That means you will be back with us for a while then eh?- how selfish Jo! Sorry to hear crappy news but always good to look on the bright side. I love the spice for life blanket, my favourite colours. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you've been busy, all those lovely makes. I'm sorry to hear about your loved one, your poorly pup and the job loss, a worrying time for you, but I do hope that everything's now on the up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you are back and showing us all of your amazing makes. Wow! You have been busy!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...