Friday 11 September 2015

On my travels . . . Part 3 : Ottawa, Canada

Well here it is at last.... Part 3 - and today I'm joining in with Amy at Love Made My Home,  for Five on Friday too.

We spent the last week of our fab holiday in Ottawa, a city I'd not visited before so it was fun to explore,  as well as enjoy a catch up with lovely friends : - )




So whilst our significant others attended the IPP conference, we crafty gals had a fab time doing what we love best - nattering, eating, shopping, knitting, crocheting, and just generally hanging out together and enjoying each other's company.


My oh-so-talented friend Lesley, being the closest (well Toronto's not that far from Ottawa, really. . . by Canadian standards that is) was tasked with organizing our annual Fun & Fabulous Fabric & Fibre trip and may I say that aided and abetted by Helene, they did a sterling job.

We spent a whole day visiting five of Ottawa's most fabulous stores, all of whom gave us such a lovely welcome, treated us to yummy snacks and put up with 24 very happy crafters as we ooh-ed and aah-ed over the array of delightful fabrics and yarns.



We did lots of sightseeing too, and our wanders around the city inevitably included a spot of tea and something delicious to go with it . . .



So there it is . . . the holiday that was . . .
Time to plan the next one, methinks  : - )

Have a lovely weekend, one & all.

'til next time,
xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing, all that lovely craft goodness to share with other craft lovers is a rare treat indeed. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip. I KNOW you had to have LOVED the trip to the fabric and fiber shops. I would have, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous shops and sights and crafty fun! What an awesome trip. They are planning a bus trip to California with my Quilt Guild that I am going to have to miss because I'm going on vacation myself with the family, but I know it would be fun. Love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that wool and fabric, wonderful and the city looks good too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks amazing, Gilly. I love the sink full of buttons! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your good times with us, Gilly! I am smiling at you as I type. It is a joy to be able to share creative times with other like minded folk, isn't it. I aim to crochet a little bib for a baby shower gift this weekend. Wishing you happy days as you plan your next creative trip :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visited a yarn shop in Ottawa on my way to the airport when we were in Canada a few years ago - Wool Tyme - and bought a couple of souvenir skeins back! Glad you had a memorable trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful moments from your holiday!!! How great that you got to meet up with a group of crafters as well, that is always good fun as we both know! I have just started a project with the yarn I bought on our special day! Thank you for joining Five On Friday! I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post. And FIVE ships too Sounds like heaven. Lovely bright happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing trip you have been on. I was in Ottawa when I was a little girl but I hardly remember it. Gorgeous photos filled with so much fun.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful series of photos! Warm greetings from Montreal, Quebec, Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ottawa is lovely isn't it? My sister lives there (right near Wabi Sabi, in fact!) and we try to visit as often as possible. I've never been to the Tea Party. Must visit next time we go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an amazing holiday - lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a lovely time. How I wish I could have been there to see all those lovely yarns and fabric! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...