Friday 2 January 2015

The first "Ta-dah" of the year . . .

A mere two days into the new year,  how many of us have resolved to tackle the seemingly growing pile of crafty WIPs that lurks around,  just waiting to be finished ?  Could I have a show of hands please ?  (she asks, whilst simultaneously raising both arms in confession)

Right.  So.   Regular readers here will know that I LOVE a good list.  
And so, I have done what every self-respecting list-maker would do in these circumstances.
Yes, you've guessed it - I've made a List.  
But I digress . . .  


So, moving on and as promised, here's my first "ta-dah" of 2015:
 
 my newest make . . .

one side . . .

The pattern is The Viola Reversible Skirt from Sew Me Something, and the lovely fabrics are from  the Indelible collection designed by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics.


. . . and the other side

The pattern is geared towards beginners and it's so well laid out & instructed (ok, so I may be a teensy wee bit biased, but I do so love the Sew Me Something patterns),  and I already had my pattern size cut out from a previous make, so it didn't take me long at all.  I started making it on Wednesday and finished it up yesterday. 






So, that's that ticked off  : - )


Next on The List, is to finish up a little yarny project that I've been enjoying in this week 'twixt Christmas and New Year. 




 I joined in with the lovely Rachel at Tangled Yarn  (just btw, they have a fab sale on at the mo)  for the Vector Knit-Along, and am so loving this pattern and the yummy Sulka Legato yarn too.
 Only one more block to knit which hopefully I'll get done this evening. 



 
Coming it at No. 3 on The List is to finish the binding on my scrappy trip quilt.  Hmmm . . .  a planned sewing day with a crafty friend tomorrow may just see that one ticked off soon too.  Watch this space  ; - )

Happy weekend all,

'til next time,
xoxo
 







23 comments:

  1. I would spend quite a lot of money on that skirt. Absolutely beautiful Gilly and happy new year by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Gilly ... I too have just had my first Tah Dah of the New Year. A Dartmoor Dreaming baby blanket finished today. Your makes are lovely. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilly you have amazed me. Finishing off projects Wow! Love the skirt so pretty.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt the fabric is delightful. You are putting me to shame I haven't done any crafting all over the holiday period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh aren't you are busy li'l gal!! Gorgeous makes, Gilly......love, love your skirt. No "Ta-dah" moments from me......I've had my head stuck in a book; only coming up for air occasionally. Happy New Year filled with many more gorgeous makes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're starting the year off well, Gilly. I need to decide where to start on my long "I want to sew this next" list! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, good for you. I love the skirt. I have not finished a thing and sinceI just started two projects it might be a while before I do.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab skirt! Definitely on my wish list this year x thanks for the heads up on the sale, I've grabbed a bargain on some Debbie Bliss Paloma ;) xx
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got to say I do love a good list. You can never have too many lists. Love the skirt and the wool colours are beautiful. Well done you. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes lists abound here too, really want to get organised, but I feel the need for the children to be back at school first otherwise it's futile!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have more talent in your little tiny pinky toe than I do in my whole body! I absolutely LOVE that skirt, you should make more and sell them in an Etsy store! Gorgeous!
    Happy First weekend of the year!
    Much love,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness; you put me to shame... so far I this year I have managed a pyjama day and a day in work! That is a beautiful skirt; I love the fabrics you chose

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your skirt is amazing! I have yet to make a to do list - oh well :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love your skirt and the fact that it's reversible. I will have to check out that pattern. Your shawl is just gorgeous and such delicious colours, I'm sure it will be worn and admired lots. I will have to stop visiting you as you are encouraging me to start more projects (only joking about the stop visiting bit).
    Have a wonderful and very crafty 2015.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Errmmmm WIP's, now let me see.... Lots!!! I am planning to do a bit of a round up post because there are quite a few, plus quite a few things lining up waiting for attention! Your skirt is lovely, and I really like the reversibility of it too, that is a great idea isn't it. I look forward to seeing your Vector as the colours of yarn in your basket are divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have quite a list, so wonderful to see you are Ta-Dahing already. I still in year review mode.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're off to a good start, Gilly! I am still basking in the glow of finishing a scarf on Christmas Eve. I made some more beaded stars last night and I need to catch up on some reading for a class...I guess that is my list of sorts :-) Hope you had a good creative time with your friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful makes Gilly. Especially the vector scarf. Its gorgeous. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the skirt Gilly. Gorgeous colours. I love a list too, one beside me as we speak! P x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't made a list, but I have tackled several wips over the last few weeks- what a good feeling to finish things!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful finishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your skirt is gorgeous. You clever lady. A very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you. May 2015 be fill with good things.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...