Wednesday 30 October 2013

A quilty kinda week . . .

In my previous post, I mentioned that I (quote) "have willed encouraged myself to be disciplined and get some of my WIPs finished and out of the way first before I started something new." (unquote) which resulted in a couple of comments saying that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a whole pile of WIPs on the go at once.

 And I wholeheartedly agree.

We crafty folk LOVE having a diverse range of projects to dip in & out of, don't we ? 
But I had decided that as I was in the process of relocating and sorting out my little craft room, I really ought to get at least some of my as-yet-unfinished projects well, finished. 
And this week it was the turn of the quilts . . .



First up were Glamping and The Sweetest Thing - both of which just needed the binding done.  So I cut & ironed & sewed, and then finished them off by hand whilst watching Strictly (really don't think Deborah should have gone), Downton Abbey (poor Lady Edith) & Homeland (now that was a twist in the plot I never saw coming) at the weekend.

Then next on the agenda was to sew together the lovely rows of the Bee in My Bonnet Row Along quilt, and add the border.



 



So now all I have to do is baste it, quilt it and bind it - and my hope is to have that done and ticked off my list by the end of this week.
Perhaps a tad ambitious, but hey-ho, I like a challenge  : - )






top to bottom: Bee in my Bonnet, Glamping, lap Cabbages & Roses, The Sweetest Thing & king Cabbages & Roses

So what kinda week are you having ? 
Whatever you're up to, hope it's good.
'til next time,
xoxo

27 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! Your accomplishments must feel great! And, oh my gosh....that Bee in My Bonnet Row Along quilt is adorable! I love it!!! So many things I love in one quilt...the mittens, cups, apples, houses...and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so very pretty Gilly!! I love the row along quilt and all the seasons it shows!! Beautiful!! Have a great day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all just soooo pretty! I'm still trying to find time to bind the edges of my first quilt, it's so very nearly done...wish it was as easy for me as it is for you! ;-) cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, your Bee in My Bonnet Rows quilt is beautiful. I'm way behind on mine, but seeing yours has motivated me to get mine finished. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet to make a quilt. I am in awe of yours, they are all truly fabulous. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilts and am really amazed at those of you who can create something beautiful from fabric.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are so pretty! I just need the border on my Row Along quilt too. I got the Quilty Fun book in at the shop and I've been trying really, really hard not to start a new project out of that book! I'm so weak.... Glad to be inspired by someone finishing something! Thanks!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah they are so lovely... I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very upset when Deborah was put out of Strictly - especially when Robin started crying! Love your quilts! Now that I have finished my patterns for Stitchin' Heaven, I want to have a blitz on my pile of UFOs!!
    I haven't forgotten about the review of the sock book - hoping to do it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ... says it all really ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I'm impressed! And those are some very lovely quilts in progress! You are ambitious for sure... I wish I had your energy :D
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you - Deborah should have stayed in Strictly. I sometimes wonder what the "great British public" are thinking of!

    Anyway, great work on your quilt pile. They all look amazing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have been busy. I love them all!
    I need some of that enthusiasm. Maybe when Lily is back to schoolit will return. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've done a great job Gilly - I think you must be feeling quite pleased about completing those beautiful quilts - I like that 'satisfaction' when finally something that has been bothering me is finally finished and looking good.
    Happy days to you, Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all! Well done...of course we know which one is the nicest...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilts are all so beautiful!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your needles and pins must be hot ... basted, quilted and bound in a week! ... go you :)

    Loving the vintagey colours in some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning quilts, I really would love to be able to create such stunning creations. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Gilly! you are on a roll this week ...so lovely to finish things...I am floundering about where to start at the mo!!
    bestest d x

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all so beautiful and sweet Gilly!! Glad you were able to work on finishing them!! Have a beautiful day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love those beautiful quilts Gilly.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! Soooooo lovely! I love the color and design of your current project and am inspired by it and the wonderful stack of quilts! Thanks for posting, Gilly.
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilts are just sooooooooo gorgeous Gilly! I love the fabrics you choose!
    Which series of Downton are you watching? We're waiting for series 3 to be released :-)

    Happy Friday & happy weekend!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your quilts look so pretty all folded and stacked. I'm sure a lot of time and love have gone into making them. So sweet and special.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful quilts. well done for finishing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous quilts, Gilly! You have done so well to finish off some of these lovely makes! (Lots of WIPs here this week btw!)
    Have a great weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those quilts look gorgeous, you have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...