Monday 18 March 2013

A bit of this & a bit of that . . .


I was jumping up & down with excitement all last week, anticipating the visit from South Africa of my oldest friend in the world (no, she's not elderly, we've just been friends a really, really long time - more about that here), and her gorgeous daughter, who also happens to be my goddaughter.  I LOVE being a Princessfairygodmother and I just can't wait to spend the next three weeks with these precious peeps.  Finally, they arrived safe & sound on Saturday.
: - )  {very happy face}
We've got lots of outings and a few surprises planned, so it's going to be fun.

But, back to the week that was . . .

the Postie arrived with a little package for me, all beautifully wrapped, from the lovely Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest


Inside was the sweetest little hand-stitched needle case and some other lovely goodies.

 
 Thanks Donna, it was a lovely surprise and very kind of you : - )

So I put those fabulous heart pins and my new overlocker to good use  . . .  and made another vintage-style dress.
Remember, I told you I'd bought the blue polka dot fabric ? Well, I started cutting it out and soon realised I'd made a mistake with the layout and wouldn't have enough. Undaunted, it was just the excuse I needed to head over to the lovely Sew Me Something in Stratford-upon-Avon and seek help.  It was readily and graciously given, and the result is another addition to my Spring/Summer wardrobe. 

Again, you need to picture it with a little cardi, an emerald (Pantone's colour of the season) belt and a pair of flats.

Now I just need Spring/Summer to arrive . . .

Happy Monday,
xoxo

26 comments:

  1. It has been snowing here all day - summer seems s loong time away! Have a wonderful time with your special visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - hope the snow melts soon, it is afterall almost the Spring equinox !
      xx

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet gift from Donna!! Looks like you are going to have a wonderful week!! LOve your dress!! Perfect for spring and summer! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - I can't wait to wear it!
      Have a lovely week too,
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your dress is beautiful - I really need to get the machine out! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane :-) I'm a little bit hooked on this sewing malarky now. Go on, get that machine dusted off!
      Have a great week,
      xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful dress, Gilly, and you've got good use out of your overlocker already, too!
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - I'm loving my overlocker ! Already looking around for its next project :-)
      Happy week to you too,
      xx

      Delete
  5. Enjoy every moment with them!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to have you friend over, lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :-)
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your dress is gorgeous! I love polka dots! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - me too, just can't resist them!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Fab dress! Roll on summer, hey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendz - for sure, can't wait for summer !
      Have a great week,
      xx

      Delete
  9. Your new dress will be gorgeous for summer with an emerald belt, a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - I can't wait to wear it.
      xx

      Delete
  10. What a sweet gift from Donna! Oooo your dress looks lovely! I bet you're excited to wear it for spring and summer! Hope you have a wonderful week!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a wonderful time with your friend and her daughter, I'm sure you'll have some fun times. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia - we're looking forward to creating many more happy memories this holiday.
      Have a great week,
      xx

      Delete
  12. oooooo! I can't wait to sew a summer dress! I love that blue polka dot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nita :-) I just can't resist polka dots !
      Have a lovely week,
      xx

      Delete
  13. Hope you are having a wonderful time with your sweet friends. So glad you like the needle case. It was a lot of fun to make. Your dress is gorgeous. I just heart polka dots.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...