Sunday 17 February 2013

Love, laughter & friends . . .

52 weeks of happy - week 6:

the Love . . .

Being at home, and out & about with the Hubby.  Just chillin' and catching up . . .and walking in the woods with the pups . . .  and eating {there seemed to be a lot of that} . . . and watching movies . . .


How could I possibly resist ?

Having lots of time to sew & practise my crochet, nice & snug indoors whilst the snow continued to fall.
{It's pretty much all gone now, and we've had blue skies & sunshine for the past few days}



the Laughter . . .

Reading "The Hundred -Year - Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared" by Jonas Jonasson.
My sister recommended it {and it was a bargain at only 20p to download to my Kindle}, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  It appeals to my sense of humour : - )

the Friends . . .

A lovely excursion on the train into Birmingham for dinner and an evening at the Ballet {Matthew Bourne's fabulous production of Sleeping Beauty}, with my girlfriends,
and
puppy-sitting Ben & Jerry's bouncy BFF for the week whilst her humans were away. 


Linking up with Little Birdie as usual . . .

Wishing you a happy new week ahead,
xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Have a nice sunday...love Ria...xxx...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week, definitely wouldn't resist that sundae :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. :-) I'm planning to recreate it at home very soon!
      Xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ... !!! I can't wait to read the Hundred year old man ... I have downloaded it ready for my holiday!! :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie, am sure you will enjoy it - it's perfect holiday reading. Where are you off to?
      Xx

      Delete
  5. Never mind the rest, I am drooling over that sundae!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee Hee ! It was indeed very drool-able! :-)
      Xx

      Delete
  6. So much prettiness Gilly! Love the granny squares and the sewing :-)
    Have a lovely week!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :-) Wishing you a lovely week ahead too,
      Xx

      Delete
  7. what loveliness Gilly.
    I downloaded the 100 year old man for 20p too but not gotten round to reading it as yet. I cant wait though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it when you do get around to it. It was definitely the most value I've got out of 20p for ages! :-)
      Xx

      Delete
  8. That Sunday looks so good, and all your sewing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Granny squares and a sundae? Now that's my kinda weekend! I really like your lovely color yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, mine too! A perfect combination indeed :-)
      xx

      Delete
  10. What a lovely week Gilly ... full of all the best things ... wishing you a happy week this week too ... oh and I love your wool ... it looks dreamy ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - the wool is Rooster Almerino (Alpaca/Merino), and I just love the soft colours too. Definitely going to be ordering more in the not too distant future :-)
      Happy week to you too,
      xx

      Delete
  11. Hello Gilly. I've just noticed you are my newest follower, thanks and welcome. So I though I'd pop over to see you....enjoyed what I found and have now become yours too. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia - thanks for popping over, and welcome here too :-)
      Have a happy Monday,
      xx

      Delete
  12. what a lovely quilt you are working on...and that pup is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...