Saturday 20 October 2012

Lovely little apples . . .

Ok, so just in case you are wondering - no, I haven't even touched the half-knitted socks since my last post.  But I have not been completely idle on the crafty front this week. 
I have in fact managed to finish the next row of Lori's Row Along over at Bee in my Bonnet.

Row 4 is a delightful array of little apples - ain't it sweet?

There were lots of fiddly little squares to cut out and mark on this row, but once again it was such fun to see the sweet apples and cores all come together.


I love how all four rows that we've done so far, look so pretty and cheery together.  I absolutely can't wait to see how this quilt will turn out when it's finished.  And I love the mystery of waiting to see what each row will be.

So, that's the sewing ticked off my list.  Next up? Yes, you guessed it - those neglected socks ; - )
I thought I'd haul them out and see about finishing them whilst watching Strictly Come Dancing tonight. Wish me luck !

Have a happy weekend,
xoxo













24 comments:

  1. absolutley gorgeous! It's really going to be one to admire when done!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are just sooo sweet and cute! I can not wait to see this quilt all put together! :) Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - hope you enjoy your mum's Halloween party! Look forward to seeing the pics,
      xx

      Delete
  3. Those are just adorable! I got mine done this morning. Lori hasn't put them on the group yet but I put them on the blog. I agree with you about how cute this quilt it! I can't wait to see it finished either!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a wee peek at your sweet apples too, they are gorgeous. I LOVE your dotty background fabric too!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful rows for your quilt ... can't wait to see the finished quilt either ... enjoy Strictly ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - are you a Strictly fan too? There are quite a few good dancers this season, and a couple of rubbish ones too!
      xx

      Delete
  5. LOL good luck on your socks...if you're like me with you're knitting, once a project goes untouched for that long....it never gets finished!
    I LOVE your quilt...the fact that people have the patience to do all that cutting and sewing amazes me...can't wait to see it finished!
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    Sarah xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I did actually get some sock knitting done last night afterall, so not too far to the finish line now :-)
      Happy Sunday to you too,
      xx

      Delete
  6. I can't blame you for trading in a day on the socks for these scrumptious little apples Gilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, that's sweet. Have a happy Sunday,
      xx

      Delete
  7. So pretty, love the colours in the apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I tossed up between adding a Golden Delicious or Pink Lady too, but decided I liked the rosy reds and Granny Smith's better :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. I hope ypu managed a bit of clicking on your socks. I got quite a bit of crochet done! I love the colours on your apple quilt!

    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! No.2 sock is now ALMOST ready to cast off.. What have you got on your crochet hook at the mo? Flowers for the tutorial?
      Happy Sunday
      xx

      Delete
  9. That is really lovely, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweet apples!! Your rows are coming together so pretty!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :-) Hope you've had a good weekend too. Xx

      Delete
  11. That looks wonderful. I especially like the apple cores. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It's so pretty.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how this quilt is coming along! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt is going to be so pretty. Pink and green always looks so fresh and cheerful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...