Wednesday 26 September 2012

Autumn has arrived . . .

It's been well & truly autumnal here this week as the darker mornings and early sunsets (at least I presume the sun is continuing to rise and set as usual - I haven't actually seen it since last Saturday !) creep in on us.

The dreaded lurgy struck here last week and whilst I'm now still snuffly and sneezy, I'm feeling a whole lot better than I was :-).  It was my birthday weekend too, but I wasn't feeling up to much, so as it's The Hubby's birthday on Friday, we decided to postpone all celebrations to this weekend instead.
Anyway, so the point of my story is that I've been laying low and taking it easy which means pretty much neglecting the chores, leaving the cooking-of-meals to the aforementioned Hubby (and may I just say, he is really good at it) and mostly just lying on the sofa watching tv, knitting, crocheting, reading and cuddling the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world.

I did also summon enough energy to pack away my summer wardrobe and bring out all my demi-saison & wintery things so am feeling quite organized and ready to greet the new season.

I also got around to wrapping up and posting off my goodies for Blueberry Heart's Cosy Autumn Swap,



so actually, it's been a pretty productive week so far afterall.  This was my first ever swap and I so enjoyed it.  Next up is Laalaa's Advent Swap which promises to be great fun too.

Right, I'm off back to my sofa to knit a quick pair of woolly mittens - a gift for a friend.
Enjoy the rest of the week,
xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely parcels there, Gilly! Can't wait to see what they contain. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered to take a pic before I wrapped them so will reveal all soon!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your presents look so cute and exciting! That swap sounds like a lot of fun! I hope to see a picture of your woolly mittens! :) Happy knitting! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - promise to show you the mitts when they're done!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your presents Gillie! I was in that swap but sadly my partner never got back to me so haven't been able to send ... Hopefully the advent one will be more successful!

    Enjoy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, how disappointing for you. I'm sure the Advent swap will be just lovely - have fun putting all your goodies together.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like the recipient of your swap parcel is in for a treat!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parcels are all wrapped up for the Halloween Swap ready to be mailed out . yours look wonderful. Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I um'd and ah'd whether to go for Halloween or Autumn as I love all the spooky/orangey/black things too :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Lucky swap partner. Hope you post a photo of your mittens

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These little mitts are so sweet - I'll definitely post a pic when they're all done!
      xx

      Delete
  7. What a great pile of pretty prezzies there Gilly! Your partner will be in for a pleasant surprise. I've just come out the other end of the flu and the lunch I went to yesterday...yes, the omelette affair!..was the first social engagement for nearly a month, not wanting to infect everybody out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - and glad you're feeling better too. xx

      Delete
  8. So sorry you have been sick. Happy Birthday Gilly and to your husband, and hope you have a great weekend celebrating!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, and thanks for the birthday wishes too. There seem to be a lot of us September babes out there!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Oh ... so glad you are feeling better Gilly ... happy birthday ... what a lovely pile of parcels ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gilly...It's definitely very autumnal this week, isn't it?...Some kind of nasty virus has visited our house too and hubby is feeling really unwell at the moment!...I've really enjoyed having a look around your pretty blog...
    Thank you so much for calling by today and your kind comments...I am a new follower and look forward to coming back very soon to see what you have been up to!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thanks for popping over, and following too. My hubby has now caught the lurgy too...oh dear, man-flu!!
      Hope your hubby is feeling better and you've had a good weekend too,
      xx

      Delete
  11. Hello,
    I'm a new follower and I wanted to say hi. I love your wrapping paper. I'm sorry you got ill. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H there, welcome and thanks for following, and thanks for your kind comments too. Happy Sunday!
      xx

      Delete
  12. I hope you are feeling better now Gilly!
    Double birthday celebrations - how fun! Enjoy your weekend! Your hubby sounds like a gem, doing the cooking for you <3
    I really enjoyed reading this post, love the wrapped goodies picture...must be exciting to see what unknown handmade goodness you receive!
    Take care,
    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :-) I'm feeling much better now but hubby has now succumbed to the germs, so I'm back on cooking duties!
      Hope you've had a great weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! Sorry you were under the weather but hope you make up for it this weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Sometimes it's good to spend a few days doing on the sofa crocheting and recharging the batteries! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I agree - sometimes it's a way of reminding us to slow down and rest up!
      Hope you've had a good weekend,
      xx

      Delete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...