Thursday 6 December 2012

Yarn Along Wednesday . . .

Ok, I realise I'm a day behind.  I did mean to post yesterday, but somehow Wednesday ran away with me, and before I knew it, here I was at Thursday already.  C'est la vie.

So, just close your eyes and imagine it's still yesterday . . .
 
Another just-finished knitty reindeer . . .
 After reading about it last week on Sarah Jane's lovely blog Chantille Fleur, I decided to join in with the Small Things Yarn Along.  If like me, you love reading and knitting/crocheting - do hop over and read all about it.  It's a fun way to share what's on your needles or hook and some good reads, AND motivate, encourage and inspire those of us that need it (me) to finish our yarny projects.
 
A bookmark gift from an old friend . . .
 Right now, I am half-way through "Knit with Love" by Lisa Bogart - a little gift from Lisa herself when I met her in Washington DC this summer (her hubby and mine were attending IPP), and am almost finished "Return to the Olive Farm" by Carol Drinkwater which is our Book Club choice for this month. It's set in the south of France with the backdrop being life on an olive farm (the clue's in the title !).  It's fairly interesting and I'll finish it, but it's not been one of my favourites.

And on my needles & hooks ?  I'm juggling another cable knitted cushion cover, a new knitted Christmas stocking (a red & cream stripy one to match this year's chosen Christmas decor) and a chunky crocheted cowl.

A basketful of yarny goodness . . .

 Ok, you can open your eyes now ; - )

Back to Thursday . . .

xoxo

26 comments:

  1. Your basket of yarny goodness does looks lovely!! I'm loving your colors and can't wait to see them when you finish!! :) Love that chunky cowl your making!! Wishing you Christmas joy! Happy "Wednesday" :) xox Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - I promise to reveal all when they're done!
      Happy weekend to you,
      hugs
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your knitted things are works of art! Just beautiful! I understand about missing a day...doesn't it seem like time is going faster? Everyone here is talking about it. I wish I could knit and I'm glad I can't...I would never get anything done if I added another activity!

    Cheery wave!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment! Your lovely parcel just arrived - much excitement :-) Thank you sooo much again for your generosity.
      Hugs
      xx

      Delete
  3. Such a yummy basket full of yarn goodness!! Happy creating Gilly!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize that journal! Isn't that the one you bought at the really cute store in Washington?

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is - well spotted! I think it was in Old Town Alexandria, wasn't it? BTW that reminds me: an excursion to Anthropologie is a must on the list for IPP34 :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. What a good idea ... it's really nice to get more book recommendations ... love the little reindeers ... they are very cute ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee - I think I'm going to have to knit a whole herd!
      xx

      Delete
  6. You'll have to show us these projects when they're finished! They all sound lovely! I missed joining the yarn along this week, as I cannot share my projects on my blog at the moment as they are gifts and the recipients might just take a peek... ;-)

    Sarah xx
    PS thank-you for the mention lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will - I had to take the WIP gifts out of my basket before I took the pic too!
      Happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  7. I am in LOVE with your knitted reindeer! Oh....if I could only knit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Deborah - I have to admit they are cute. Very easy to knit (takes me longer to sew together than actually knit them up!), so if you ever decide to give knitting a try, let me know and I'll send you the pattern :-)
      Have a happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  8. so funny, when you started the post i was confused because i somehow thought it was wednesday, you could've fooled me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simona - thanks for popping by and saying hello! Sorry to have confused you ;-)
      Have a happy weekend - I'm going to hop over to your blog now too for a wee peek.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Gilly, the days are whistling by here too. This morning I went to help my friend with her daughter's room again..all that has to be done tomorrow is putting the newly white painted shelving in and dressing it up. I've asked her to take lots of pictures! I hope her daughter will love the surprise...it's looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure she will LOVE it - especially her new cushions! Look forward to seeing the pics.
      Have a lovely weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to see what they look like when they are finished, have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise to show & tell once they're done!
      Happy weekend,xx

      Delete
  11. Awwww... he's gorgeous !! Love the friends one too .Christmas is nearly upon us and I am so not organised!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oz! And you so ARE organized.. your bag of pressies headed south to Pinner last weekend and are now beautifully ensconced under the other sista's tree :-)
      Lekker naweek, geniet die sonskyn. Skyn hier ook maar jislaaik dis koud!
      Drukkies
      xx

      Delete
  12. Lots of yummy yarn there Gilly
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks, it is such yummy soft cuddly yarn. Just perfect to work with in this weather!
      Happy weekend,
      xx

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Aw thank you! She does have such a sweet little expression, doesn't she?
      Have a fab weekend,
      xx

      Delete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...