Saturday 19 September 2015

All the fun of the Fair . . .

I am sooo not a morning person, so when Mrs Sew Me Something herself mentioned she'd be swinging by in the van to pick me up before sunrise on Thursday morning,  I did my best to negotiate.  But the prospect of the possibility of rush-hour traffic on the M25, and an allocated set-up time dictated that we really did need to be up and on the road early.

And so it was that Reg {the trusty big white van packed to the gunwhales}, Jules & I set off heading south for The Handmade Fair at Hampton Court Palace in London.


Jules drove (very ably, I might add), whilst I nattered, knitted, and poured the coffee. 
 Traffic hold-ups ensued and it took us a while, but eventually we arrived safe & sound, and spent the rest of the day setting up the Sew Me Something stand.  

There was a lovely buzz around in anticipation of the Fair opening the next day.  Everywhere you looked was a flurry of folk unpacking boxes, wheeling trolleys, hanging bunting and generally just making the huge marquee look amazing.



Friday morning dawned beautifully sunny, and despite several bursts of rain throughout the day, we enjoyed all the fun of the Fair.  
Best of all I got to meet so many lovely peeps -  bloggy & IG friends, old & new, and a whole bunch of happy crafters from far and wide - who popped by the stand to say hello.



Just an all round fabulous event, in a beautiful setting . . . .

We were so busy that I didn't even have a chance to wander around and see everything, but by all accounts everyone seemed to have a good time.  

It was a bit of a tiring train trip home, but at least I didn't have to get up early again this morning  : - )

Happy weekend all,  
it's a sunny one here so we're making the most of it . . .

'til next time,
xoxo
 


9 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, wishing you every success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times and lovely pics Gilly! Now you can catch up on sleep-ins? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful Fair, I am so glad you got to talk to so many wonderful people. Hugs and rest up.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have gone to the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gilly, how fun to go to the fair and thanks for sharing the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very exciting and as though it was lots of fun! Hope you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great fair. I was an exhibitor at the first Yarndale so didn't get much chance to look round. So the second year I just went as a visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looked fabulous - well worth getting up early for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Afternoon Gilly, It sounds as if you had a fun packed couple of days... but such a shame you were not able to get around to the take a look at the other things on offer.
    I love craft fayres and I went to the Harrogate Quilt Fayre a couple of weeks a go. I saw so many 'bits and bobs' which I loved, but I was very good, I had my list and I stuck to it..... well give or take one or two things...thats the fun of fayres.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...