Wednesday 27 May 2015

Lost & found . . .

Ta daaah . . .




I found my quilting mojo at the weekend.  Not quite sure where it went, but it was missing for a wee while.
Lost somewhere in the depths of the WIP basket.  
But the imminent arrival of my lovely sis-in-law who's coming from SA to visit for a a bit, prompted me into action to get this quilt finished.  Can't be inside quilting when the sun is shining outside and we've places to go & things to do . . .




It's a simple one, this - just cut strips of varying widths from fat quarters, sewed them all together and cut them into 6" strips, mixed & matched then sewed them all together again.  I had a vague idea in mind of what I wanted, but otherwise just pretty much made it up as I went along so I'm calling it my Lost & Found quilt. 




The backing fabric is a white on white stripe, just to keep it soft and low volume.  And I decided just to quilt it myself this time with some wavy FMQ lines.  See, told you it was simples  ; - )




Co-ordinates well with the crocheted Pick 'n Mix cushion too, doesn't it ?

 
So that's another little project ticked off the WIP list - 
YAY   ( happy dancing and all that )

Onwards & upwards into the week we go,
hope it's happy for you too.

'til next time,
xoxo




19 comments:

  1. Dear gilly
    Many congratulations on lovely quilt. I'm sure it wasn't that simple, but it looks great.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. I don't know about simple, I wouldn't know where to start. It coordinates perfectly with that gorgeous cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive and goes beautifully with the delightful cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when you called it "another little project". It looks huge to me. Those are all very restful shades of blue, perfect for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful!!!!!! Fantastic job, and it looks gorgeous with that cushion! That chair looks like great place to snuggle up with your cushion and the lovely lovely lovely quilt!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely quilt, Gilly. The quilt and cushion combo is perfect! Have a lovely time with your guest......hope you drink in oodles of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, Gilly. Congratulations in ticking off another WIP! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks lovely sitting there with the matching cushion. Great finish, Gilly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back in the swing of things. love both the quilt and the cushion and they go so well together
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt and cushion - great feeling to tick things off the WIP list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the soft colours of your quilt - and it looks fabulous with your cushion!! Definitely an occasion for happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. school is out so I'm back to blogging! YAY! I love this beauty. The softness makes me want to crawl under it.........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is lovely and it definitely does match your pretty cushion. It must satisfying when you get a WIP finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks fabulous Gilly, How do you machine quilt? I can't get mine through my machine aperture so always end up falling a bit short at the end. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a big project to finish. Well done.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your quilt. Where did you find the pattern idea from? Did you do the wavy quilting stitch on a sewing machine? I'd love to have a try at making something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quilt is a stunner and put with that gorgeous cushion is a perfect match. You have been busy

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...