Wednesday 21 January 2015

Knitting along . . .

I'm on a roll here, sweet peeps - getting these WIPs ticked off left, right & centre.  Oh happy days . . .

So for today's Show & Tell, first up & off the needles is a snuggly striped cowl knitted in the yummy  Rialto Chunky.  An easy garter stitch knit that really didn't take long at all.  Methinks a cosy bobble hat in the leftover navy may be on the cards sometime in the near future too.




( I should add an aside here:  1) we have a new camera and I'm just getting used to it; and 2) the natural light today is particularly poor;  so please forgive the quality. )

The true colours of my new favourite stripy cowl are navy, teal, lime and fuschia - trust me, it's lovelier in real life.  At least, I think so . . .  : - )


Next on the list is a pair of chunky cosy ribbed socks that a lovely friend had started and then life intervened and she had to move house & all sorts of other stresses, so I've finished them off for her.  


Don't you just love that little card too ?


Now regular readers may recall that way, way back in May last year (yes, I kid you not), I started a lacy Phoebe Cape in Louisa Harding's Noema yarn.  (Read all about it here if you like . . .), and it has pretty much sat in my project basket, neglected yet hopeful for ages.  But happily I have retrieved it and am determined to finish it within the next couple of weeks.  So you may, if you like, hold me accountable to that and I'll keep you updated.



And the main reason I really want to get it finished now (besides still loving it ), is because I'm joining in with a fab new Tangled Yarn Knit Along to knit the pretty Orza Pullover by La Maison Rillilie.
 
Anybody else fancy knitting along too?
Have a little look HERE for more info about it, or pop over to Tangled Yarn and have a drool over the oh-so-pretty Mabel & Ivy Coast yarn that we're going to be using.
I've chosen Kit 3, well just because I happen to love blues & greens - I can't wait to cast on.

Image courtesy Tangled Yarn UK



 So you see, I really need to get cracking and finish Phoebe first : - )


As I'm linking up today with Ginny's weekly Yarn Along, here's what I'm reading in between all this knitting: 


Literally just finished my current Book Club read, and looking forward to delving into the stash of lovely mags on my beside table.

Hope you're having a happy week too,
'til next time
xoxo


22 comments:

  1. The socks and the card are simply gorgeous, a real delight. You have certainly got some lovely projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks and the card! I have a James Patterson sitting in my still-to-read pile - I should get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A matching hat is a great plan. I love those colours. I bought Unlucky 13 for Andy for Christmas is it good? I am reading old copies of Red my friend gave me! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your cowl looks delicious in the photo so it must look amazing in real life. I love the socks and the card made me laugh. We always put lots of fun socks in our children's stockings. I have been 'visiting' Tangled Yarn today looking at the Vector pattern and yarn. I think I may just treat myself to that. Then you tempt me with more lovely things. I can see my to do list getting longer. Take care.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cowl. I think a matching toorie would be just the thing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your finishes. love the cowl nice bright colours to wear with any outfit. Good luck with the cape. PS I did not know that fact about socks lol. They look nice and cosy. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are working like a woman possessed, Gilly. Amazing finishes. Love the scarf and the socks and that card....too cute! You will look rather glam when Phoebe is finished and you hit the town modelling it! Now about those mags.....are you sure you will have time to indulge in them??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow!! You are a busy gal with the knitting needles clicking like mad! Such beautiful things are flying off them too. Enjoy :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much yarny, woolly goodness at your place Gilly! Makes me crave cool winter days when I can knit with whatever fibre I fancy as heat isn't a problem :-)
    Have fun with your new camera!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you are doing very well at the WIP finishing!!! So you definitely deserve to have a new thing to start I reckon. I hope that you have fun completing everything. The socks look delicious! Hope the new camera and you figure each other out soon, although your photos look great - as always - to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your are doing really well finishing your Wip collection! I do like the yarn & colours you used in your cowl. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your WIPs will be finished in no time at all. I love James Patterson books.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done for getting things ticked off the list, it's a great feeling when you do!! Suzy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your makes are lovely but I especially like the scarf, lovely colours and so chunky and snuggly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi & thanks for popping by 😊 ! The scarf is indeed very cosy, just perfect for this icy weather we're having. Happy weekend, xx

      Delete
  15. Okay I am a bit jealous of all you are getting done, I see a scarf like that in my future, what a great idea to use up bits of yarn.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely knitting...
    I have been pondering for months of what I could make you since you sent me that gorgeous bag, but I'm just not as talented as you, I might just have to send you some American chocolate! Though it's not near as delicious as yours!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about we just have tea & something yummy & sweet when you come & visit? Remember we live close to Cadbury World! 😉
      Happy weekend xx

      Delete
  17. Hi Gilly, love your cowl, the color combination is fabulous! Had to smile a bit about your unfinished project, you are not alone, I have quiet a few of those floating around. Funny, I always promise myself I will finish one before staring something else, somehow it never happens, especially when it comes to knitting and all the pretty yarns you see in the shops and have to have!
    Have a great weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW,what beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful things you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  20. everything you make is picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...