Friday 19 December 2014

I've been . . . {another List}

  • busily preparing for the celebration of Christmas


  • to Scotland & back

  • catching up with loved ones

  • making.  Lots of making.


  • baking 

Mary Berry's Orange Spice Cake -  absolutely deeelicious . . .





  • sewing


  • knitting


  • shopping

  • wrapping pressies

  • swapping pressies

my lovely creative & talented Book Club ladies

  • swapping crackers
Thank you lovely Sue from Crafts@home, my swap partner who completely spoilt me with an abundance of yummy goodies in the  Cracker Swap organized by Tracey over at Mad About Bags.  Squeee . . .


  • making up our guest rooms for our family arriving to stay next week

  • trying to keep on top of the laundry, the household chores, and muddy doggy paws
don't let that sweet face deceive you . . . those paws are mud-magnets


  • planning my "week between Christmas & New Year" yarny project
  - a lovely Vector Wrap/Scarf Knit-A-Long with Rachel at Tangled Yarn.  This pretty Mirasol yarn arrived in the post today and I can't wait to cast on.  If you're looking for a project too - do join us.  (Just pop over here or have a wee look on Ravelry) 
 



So,
 are you "making a list & checking it twice" ?

Only 6 more sleeps . . .   ; - )

'til next time,
xoxo







* * * * * * * 

For Claudine, who was kindness personified,  truly beautiful inside & out, who loved to make . . . and who delighted in a good List too.  
RIP my sweetest friend . . . 
(1969 - 2014)

* * * * * * *




14 comments:

  1. You've been a bit busy then?!! I can see why you need to make a list. I get spells like that and lists do help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good list.

    I'm so sorry to read that you lost your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your makes, especially the knitted Christmas stockings:) Your new yarn is divine :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good list, Gilly. I love the innocent looking pup! :o)

    So sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I was so happy for you having such lovely plans and experiences and then I got to the end of your post, I am so sorry for your loss. I think it is especially hard this time of year.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm checking and re-checking. Enjoy your Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely Christmas Gilly. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Sending hugs, Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely wonderful. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness you're even busier than me. That cake looks yummy, I may have to try that recipe after Christmas.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh you have been so busy! So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. You will remember her always I am sure. Take care of yourself my dear and have a good Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really have it all under control over at yours. Pretty cool here too. Tree up, tired children on holidays, family and friend parties, food shop Monday then - stay at home! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was lovely seeing all your preparations for Christmas. The reindeer really made me smile. Your yarn looks beautiful, I love all the colours. So sorry to hear you lost a dear friend this year. Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sound busy, but lovely! Have a brilliant holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...