Thursday 13 November 2014

Today's list . . .

Winter is settling in here in the Midlands - right now it's cold and drizzly outside, just about perfect for a day at home, toasty warm indoors with the two most-adorable-pups-in-the-world curled up and dreaming of summer days chasing bunnies & squirrels & tennis balls & the occasional unfortunate cat that dares to get too close, while I get my craft on.


Right so, here's what's on my list for today:

1. finish The Date Night Dress : it's really only the little slip that goes underneath that I've still to do, but I just don't seem to be getting around to it, so this morning it's top of the pile.



2.  cut out & make a start to the Christmas gifts for my lovely Book Club girls.  Each year we set ourselves the fun challenge of making each other a handmade/homemade pressie. Last year I sewed little travel lingerie bags, and the year before I crocheted these chunky cowls . . . 

 



but you'll just need to wait and see what this year's project is.  Watch this space, I may give you just a wee peek sometime . . .



3.  turn this bundle of scrappy trip blocks into a completed quilt top.  Seriously, I started this quilt almost exactly a year ago and it really is about time I took it out and finished it, don't you think ?



The main reason I really want to finish my scrappy quilt is because I really want to start another one tomorrow.   I've had this lovely fabric in my stash for ages and as I'm heading over to The Quilter's Den in Warwick for a quilting day with my friend Jayne tomorrow, it's the perfect excuse to start a new quilt.  But I'm trying to be good with my WIPs and finish one before I start another.  (I know, I know - I hear you chuckle at the thought, but I really, really am trying to be more efficient with my making)



But before I knuckle down and get started, I just have to share a wee pic of my lovely cuzzie whose wedding we attended in Scotland last weekend.  It was the most beautiful day . . .



Oh, and of course I did a spot of road-trip knitting on the journey there & back. 



So tah-dah . . .

my new winter woolly scarf - knitted with the gorgeous Plump yarn from Mrs Moon.  It knits up so beautifully and comes in the most delicious of colours.  I'm thinking I need to get some more and knit some cosy mitts to match  : - )



Right, onwards and upwards  . . .  wish me luck with that list.

Wishing you a happy, crafty day too,
'til next time,
xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. I love that idea of the lingerie bag. Do you mind if I copy it for my daughters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, & please go ahead & make one too 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. I am a great fan of a list. Like Linda I love the lingerie bags, inspirational. Good luck getting It all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least when the weather is miserable we don't have to feel guilty about spending whole days crafting! Good luck with th list - I think my current to-do list has several sub-lists appended to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good list, in fact I have been known to do something random not on the list - but add it on at the end just so I can tick it off!! Mad or what. Love your scarf Gilly it does look so cosy. P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. Love the scarf. Two very content dogs (we have a mad chocolate lab who loves lying at the fire as well).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf, the colours are beautiful.
    The weather doesn't look like improving tomorrow either. Another crafting day I think. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great projects you've done or are working on! I love those lingerie bags...so cute! Pretty quilt in progress and pretty fabrics for the next one...I love red! And, your road trip scarf is pretty too. I like the simple design and the colors. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love garter stitch, it just screams I made it and I really like that. Such subtle colours. Keep us up to date with quilting. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gilly,
    I love your scarf and all your handmade gifts are wonderful.
    Enjoy the quilting.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ambitious you are, Gilly! I need to set some goals as you are doing...actually I do set goals, but take detours along the way :) Right? At any rate, as I look at your list and appreciate your efforts I am inspired to do more stitching, especially since it is rain/snow/icing here today and I am snug and cozy inside. Hope you get lots done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you made headway with your list, Gilly. Sometimes, all you need is a new project you want to do to make you finish up an old one (or six!) :oD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gilly, please please give us an update on what you managed from your list, and please please tell me you didn't get all that done in ine day (in which case you must be bionic or something). It would take me a couple of weeks to get that lot done!
    The puppies are too cute, just gorgeous :)
    It's cold, grey and damp here too, perfect excuse to stay indoors with a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making so many fun things, and your cousin looks gorgeous on her wedding day.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post as usual and thank you for the link to Mrs Moon. I was tempted and succumbed (as usual). I'll be knitting beanies with Plump for my daughter and grandson's skiing holiday. Great to discover a new yarn shop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did someone break the curse on the family?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the list - did you get much done? I'd find those gorgeous puppies a bit distracting I think! I love the underwear travel bags, what a great idea and what fun to make too. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you are busy I'm Christmas making to at the mo, the scarfs gorgeous, love the tones you've used.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh you are very busy aren't you! Sounds as though you are enjoying all your making though. I hope that you are enjoying your quilt and getting it done so that you can start something new. Having lots of WIPs is something that I can understand as I have quite a lot on the go right now too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, that scarf looks so cosy! And your cousin looked beautiful on her wedding day. I love Scotland this time of the year - it's usually quite bright and crisp. Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's some to do list! You won't be bored, that's for sure. I seem to be in start all the things mode, which this close to Christmas is plain daft!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't the weather just awful here today, cold and wet! Your cousin looks adorable, making me pine for Scotland! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...