Sunday 2 November 2014

It's raining, it's pouring . . .

. . . it's Sunday, I'm sewing . . .




I cut out The Date Night Dress (by April Rhodes), what seems like ages ago, and it's been waiting patiently to be made up since then.
So when we woke up this morning to heavy rain and no specific plans, today seemed like a good day to sew.






The fabric is a soft, floaty voile called Emmy Grace by Bari J at Art Gallery Fabrics, that I bought at The Village Haberdashery during a little sojourn to London in the summer.  These pics really don't do it justice, because of the dull light today but once I've finished my dress I'll hopefully get a nice sunny day (one can but hope)  to take a proper pic to show you.

The pattern is fairly easy to make and I especially love the butterfly sleeves.  Just the little slip that goes underneath to make now, but the light has disappeared, and Strictly, then Downton Abbey will be on shortly, so no more sewing for today.

So, what have you been up to ?
Did you get your craft on today ?


Wishing you a happy new week ahead,
'til next time
xoxo


PS.  Don't forget to enter my little giveaway HERE, if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning one of the lovely new patterns from Sew Me Something.

16 comments:

  1. I didn't get my craft on, but I did get my gardening on ;) Lots of garden waste bags filled and waiting for collection in 2 weeks. Now I'm cold and aching, so I think a cup of tea will go down nicely! Your dress looks lovely, and the fabric is very pretty even in the dullish light. Enjoy your shows! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gilly,
    Gorgeous fabric - and not just on your dress - I rather like your ironing board cover!
    I did get my craft on, crocheted 2 little beanie hats :)
    I am also a Strictly fan :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear gilly
    Your dress is looking lovely. I look forward to a photo of the finished article! I have been doing my sewing homework this afternoon, ready for my lesson tomorrow. I have sewn back, side and shoulder seams and put bias binding round the bottom of the sleeves of my first Kate dress. Sleeve setting tomorrow!
    Best wishes and happy sewing
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gilly, you have been very industrious today. I have done a lot of "research" basically surfing instagram. I have also wandered around Waitrose. But I have watched Downton Abbey love those Cloche hats and beautiful elegant dresses. Tomorrow I will make up for today's idleness. ps I do have a sniffle so that is a sort of excuse! have a good week. Kind regards Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is pouring here across the pond too, Gilly! I love the material you are sewing. I plan to knit some more on the bunny I am knitting from alpaca fiber for my grandson after I type to you. Hope you have happy productive days this week, rain or shine :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been pouring down here too. You have had a busy day, the dress is stunning, I love the fabric. I am also a fan of strictly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely material, I look forward to seeing the finished dress.
    I didn't sew yesterday, naughty me !! But I did spend an afternoon having a tidy in the garden 'til rain stopped play ;0) I was so tired I went to bed before Downton~~it is recorded though. I love the clothes they wear.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drove from Worcester to Heathrow in all that rain and still pouring when we took off. Arrived home in the US to cold , wind, and gorgeous sun!
    Love your dress.....can't wait to see the finished product modeled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a lovely job with the dress. I finished a table runner on my loom so I was very happy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous fabric Gilly, I have been cutting out more squares for my quilt, unpicking Heidi's knitting while she is not looking and knitting it back to where she was and doing a little embroidery but I have work now for 4 days so only crafting in the evenings. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely to spend the day crafting or doing indoor home things when the weather isn't nice, much cosier and warmer than being outdoors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sewing Sunday! Sounds heavenly. Love your new dress! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another lovely dress, Gilly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely dress, can't wait to see you model it on a sunshine filled day. And I'm glad to see we have similar priorities---when Downton comes on, everyone BE quiet & well behaved, Mom's busy. LOL :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous such a pretty fabric. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I honestly wish I had the talent that you do!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...