Tuesday 19 August 2014

A very British invasion . . .

You may recall that a wee while ago, the Hubby commissioned me to sew 150 little bags in some fab Brit fabrics (read about it here if you'd like).



  So whilst these would all contain a mechanical puzzle gift for his fellow metagrobologists attending the IPP in London this year, I thought I'd make something for the girls too and set about sewing a whole bunch of zippy make-up bags as a little reminder of their trip to sunny ol' England.

all cut out & ready to sew. . .


Don't you just love these sweet fabrics?

And we girls had a great time . . .  

 a river cruise & a yummy lunch in Stratford upon Avon,



a trip on the Severn Valley Railway from Kidderminster to beautiful Bridgnorth,






 a lovely wander around London, taking in the sights and the shops,






 and a visit to the beautiful Kew Gardens,



complete with a spot of yarn bombing . . .






We also managed to squeeze in some fun crafty things too - some beading, some needle-felting, and a wee bit of crochet . . . but that's a whole other blog post  : - )

Now our friends have all returned to their little corners of the world, but I hope, with lovely memories of their English summer of '14.

"Haste ye back . . ."

'til next time,
xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughtful gifts and some great places visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy bee! Lovely photos of your trips out. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bags and beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are gorgeous and it looks like you had some wonderful days out. I've have learnt something new today. I had no idea what metagrobologists were. Well after googling now I know.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gilly: Your little bags are wonderful-what a FUN keepsake! The tour you took sounds too good to be true for an Anglophile who lives so far away. Thanks for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many bags, you've been very busy. What lovely keepsakes you made for everyone. The girls' day out looks like so much fun, I'm sure you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a generous thing to do and I'm amazed at how many you made. The people must have loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the bags and pouches all went down well. I mean, why wouldn't they? They're all fab! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little pouches, Gilly. I'm sure all the girls were thrilled to receive one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO want to visit London some day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little bags and beautiful pictures of London.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are lovely gifts you made...so many, you must have been very busy.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks as though you had a great time, and your bags are all so lovely I am sure that they are a great reminder of their visit and time with you. I love the yarn bombing, that first tree is massive so it must have taken an awful lot of yarn!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Gilly all of those bags, you must have been popular. You are always so generous. Looks like you had a great time. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those little bags Gilly!! and that yarn bombing!
    bestest D x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so blessed to have gotten one of the bags! You're amazing Gillian! Thank you again... and the yarn bombing is awesome! Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a star, making all those his'n'hers bags! And what a fabulous time you had. It's wet and miserable here this morning - I think the glorious summer is drawing to a close!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what thoughtful pretty gifts. You must have been exhausting visiting all those places never mind covering those trees. Your friends will certainly never forget you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are the kindest person making all of those bags. I bet the recipients were thrilled.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the bags! I am so jealous of you excursion with friends! Love the photos, keep sharing!!!! I get to travel through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous bags you have been making, such lovely keepsakes. Your photos are lovely today, I love the yarn bombing ones.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Gilly,
    Love the bags (of course - what's not to love about a hand made gift!) I was wondering where you got your labels. I have been thinking of getting some made for ages and thought a recommendation might be a good place to start looking. Eleanor xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those bags look lovely, the ones your hubby commissioned and the ones for the ladies, what a sweet idea!

    It looks like you all had a lovely time, with some great photos!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely keepsakes, beautiful photographs Gilly and wonderful memories for everyone x
    Hope you have a great week!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pics.WOW,you are a very talented lady,do I LOVE those bags but the zippy one's are wonderful.Wish I could do zips lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...