Thursday 6 March 2014

Leaving on a jet plane . . .

". . . my bags are packed I'm ready to go,  I'm standing here outside your door, I hate to wake you up to say good-bye. . ." 
                                                                                                       - John Denver




Well actually my bags are still waiting to be packed and I'm not nearly as organized as I should be but I've been running around all week trying to get things ticked off my "To do-before-I-go" List and I really didn't want to leave without saying goodbye.  I'll be taking a wee bloggy break whilst enjoying the  (hopefully, because I will be most disappointed if it's not)  sunshine of the beautiful Caribbean islands.

I shall not be completely idle on the crafty front though, because you know I always have to have a holiday project on the go too.  Time spent hanging around airports and on long-haul flights just seems so much more tolerable when one's hands and mind are happy, don't you think ?


So my little knitting bag (don't you just love those cute wee sheeps?) is brimming with yarny goodness and I can't wait to make a start.
I promise to show & tell when I get back, but in the meantime I'll leave you with an update on the Shari's Chevron Blankie project:  I am so loving this pattern.



Thanks for all the lovely comments on my previous post - you really do say the kindest things - and a big welcome to my newest followers too  : - )
I haven't managed to do as much blog reading as I'd have liked to lately, but I do hope that things will be calmer on my return and I'm looking forward to catching up with you then.


"So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me . . ."


'til next time,
take care & be happy
xoxo


39 comments:

  1. Have a lovely holiday! I always have that song in my head before I fly. The blanket looks wonderful :) Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky,lucky girl!
    Hope you have a fantastic time, we expect to see lots of photos of blue skies and even bluer seas!
    Loving your chevron blanket, so pretty!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Gilly, Have a wonderful time. It will be so lovely to enjoy blue skies and sunshine after having so much rain here in England.
    Have fun and I will see you when you return.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.....I love the green!!!!!! I just knew it would pit perfectly! Have a safe and fun trip...enjoy that sunshine!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh....I meant to say "fit" not "pit"....those darn type o's!

      Delete
  6. Oooh the blanket is gorgeous and hopefully the Carribbean sunshine will be too have a wonderful time
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely time and look forward to hearing all about it on your return. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great holiday :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy holidays, Gilly! Look forward to seeing your makes and your pictures when you get home :)
    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful holiday Gilly, and I'm glad to see the priorities are sorted with the woolly bits in prime position. Enjoy your break and the relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time on your holidays. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely time and yes I love your woolly sheep knitting bag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful holiday!!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that you get packed soon and that you have a wonderful time - on a jet plane!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great time, Gilly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I'm smiling for you and will certainly wait for you too Gilly - and always kisses when I leave, haha!! Do have a wonderful relaxing time m'dear - you certainly are going well equipped for such, and how nice will the sunshine be!!! I'm loving your blanket - simply gorgeous! Happy Holidays! xxx Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds perfectly picture perfect
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh...which island? I'm envious and wish you safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice,nice....off to the Caribbean .....gosh it sounds like heaven.

    Have a fantastic time!!!

    enjoy!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a wonderful holiday! Soak in that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a fabulous time and soak up some sun for me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you have a great trip to the Caribbean! enjoy the sun! happy knitting :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wishing you sunshine and lots of happy stitching, Gilly. I 'm headed off to a beach retreat this weekend and your sheepie bag is inspiring me to take my sheepie bag with me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you a wonderful and fun time Gilly! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh...the Carribean Islands...sooo jealous!! Have a wonderful and relaxed holiday. Hope to see oodles of knitted goodies on your return. Oh...and the chevron blankie is gorgeous....love the beautiful chair that it is sitting every so prettily on!! Enjoy the sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you have a fabulous time.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you have a great time Gilly, very envious of you he he!!x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a fabulous holiday - and lots of photos with blue sky and sun when you come back, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh have a fabulous holiday ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have a fantastic trip.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gilly you have the most wonderful time on your hols and don't forget us all here waiting for you. Sending you lots of loves and hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope you have a wonderful time in the sunshine!! I too have been having trouble keeping up with the blogs, and now I'm at yours which was written four days ago ... I'm getting there! The chevron blanket looks great. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. have a great time! I do adore those wittle sheepies....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Have a wonderful holiday see you when you get back xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, I'm just visiting all my followers - and you're out!!! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...