Tuesday 8 January 2013

Time for tea?

The lovely Sarah Jane at Chantille Fleur has declared today (and every 2nd Tuesday in the month) as Tea Party Tuesday - what a fabulous idea, don't you think ?

http://chantillefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

I am a huge lover of all things tea . . . morning tea, afternoon tea . .  in fact a wee cuppa goes down well any time of the day.  My favourite is Earl Grey.  That will always be my go-to tea, but I'm equally fond of  Mint.  Both of which are always so refreshing.  Ah, yes, there's really not an awful lot that a cup of tea can't help.

And of course, the upside to all this, is that one should always have something yummy along with it.
I haven't done any baking yet this week (although I am the official "Bringer of Cake" for my book club on Thursday, so I will need to get the tin filled before then), so I thought instead, I'd share some of the yummy recent bakes from my family & friends . . .

My gorgeous goddaughter, Robyn-Anne LOVES to bake but as she lives far away (in South Africa), I don't get to taste all the yumminess she creates. But her mama knows how much I love seeing everything she makes, so she thoughtfully sends me lots of pics:
 

So here's Robs making a batch of the doughnut muffins that I posted about a little while ago, and her interpretation of the ginger reindeer biscuits.


Robs & her mama are coming to visit us in March (soooo exciting, I can't wait) so I'm looking forward to we girls donning our pinnies and doing some baking together.


Next up is the birthday cake that my lovely cuzzie, Carole,  made for her man's recent birthday.  No prizes for guessing what his favourite pastime is ; - )


Doesn't it look great ? Apparently, it tasted delicious too - but yet again, I didn't get to try it as they live up north in bonnie Scotland.  Closer than South Africa, but still just that wee bit too far away to pop in for tea & birthday cake.

Sigh . . . can you see the pattern developing here ?

Ah, but wait . . .



At last . . . this one I did enjoy the pleasure of a chunk slice (or maybe even two) AND with a cup of Earl Grey to accompany it.  My lovely sis (yes, the very same one that made this scrumptious cake too), who very conveniently lives just over an hour away, baked this delicious and oh-so-chocolatey yule log for dessert on Christmas day.  Yay (happy dance)

Do pop over to Chantille Fleur and have a little hop around all the other tea parties, and maybe even join in if you'd like.

Me ? I'm off to put the kettle on for a wee cuppa . . . **

Back tomorrow, hopefully with an update on my a.l.m.o.s.t finished chunky charcoal jumper.
'Til then,
xoxo

**And then head off to my Pilates class . . . lest you think I just sit around drinking tea all day ; - )


10 comments:

  1. What talented friends and relatives you have! All of their creations look delicious!
    I am a lover of tea too....my favourite is Ceylon, although I do like a cup of Earl Grey from time to time.
    Enjoy your tea! (and your class :-D )
    xx

    PS thanks for joining in lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know - I just wished they all lived closer! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Gosh that chocolate log does look good - as do the strawberry Santas! Yummmmmm! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and they were! Although, the little Santas were so sweet to look at, we almost didn't want to eat them!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love tea, too! Chai and Early Grey are my favorites!! Such yummy treats!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I have yet to try Chai! Going to have to remedy that soon, methinks :-)
      Happy Wednesday,
      xx

      Delete
  4. That sounds an excellent idea - will pop over and have a peek!
    So many lovely cakes and biscuits making me drool here - makes me want to get baking!
    Have a great week Gilly!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill - happy baking, and don't forget to take pics!
      Have a lovely week too,
      xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tea party ... that chocolate log looks lush ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed... didn't last long at all. Hopefully we won't have to wait til next Christmas before she makes another one!
      Happy Wednesday
      xx

      Delete

Thank for popping by & saying hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...